October 27, 2008

And How Was YOUR Weekend?

Friday night, I thoroughly enjoyed about 15 hours of revelry and Robot-Offs at Karla May’s Bachelorette Extravaganza. I’m sure someone will try to post evidence to the contrary, but I just want to go on record as saying that, other than sleeping with a magazine picture of Chris Robinson in my bed, I was a good girl. I hated to make an early exit, but school carnivals and sick children were already on the agenda for Saturday.

Yes, the long-awaited GGMS school carnival had to carry on without Olive and me as she came down with a touch of The Bug in the wee hours of Saturday morning. T-Bone had only just gotten off the phone (for the second time) with Peach, calling to say goodnight (again) from her dance studio's overnight lock-in, when Olive stirred and said, "Daddy, my tummy h…URL." Once more for good measure, right after he changed her pjs and the sheets (natch), and that was it for the night. Especially considering it was 5 AM at that point. See, this is why I never want to go anywhere – I’m worried Peach and Olive might miss me too much (check) and/or get sick (check and check). T-Bone handled it all very well, but of course both little dumplings collapsed on me as soon as I hit the door. Later, Olive and I watched The Breeders' Cup and then crawled back into The Biscuit for a snooze while T-Bone took Peach to get her sugar and inflatable slide fix at the carnival. So, a perfect afternoon all the way around.

Sunday brought a flurry of activity, including pulling out some cool (because it never really gets cold, right?) weather clothes for some alleged Canadian air scheduled to hit the area this week. I also trimmed back my out-of-control Esperanza bushes, but the Lantana will have to wait. As per usual, I met a couple of neighbors while working in the frontyard, including one whose dog crapped in the flowerbed right in front of me, prompting the dude to say, "Well, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!" Thanks, asshat. And your little dog, too.

Also, we voted! And we got verklempt! And then we had ice cream!

And then, I had to go to The Job this morning, where I was met, as I have been every day for the past six weeks, with the co-worker who always asks me, "Ya havin' fun yet?" Well, I was ...

No comments: